We have been having a few get togethers with friends for dinner who have kids now so naturally, these occur in their or our home. It's amazing how things change once you have kids. Restaurants sound so unappealing and those with kids know exactly why. When you are in your home, your kids can play together and run a muck without having to see all the judging glances of the other patrons. Not like Nolan has ever "run a muck", but I know the day WILL come. And we are armed, and ready.
One of Scott's coworkers asked us to come over for dinner Friday evening. They are a very fun couple who we have hung out on occasion and they have a 1 1/2 year old adorable little girl who I couldn't wait to see play with Nolan. (They were the cutest together by the way.) The wife is from England so they are getting ready to go again this year. Their little girl will have been out of the country more times than I have and she won't even be two! Midway through the week, I asked Scott if things were still on and if we needed to bring anything. He said, "Oh yeah, you need to bring the dessert." Uh yay! I have so many desserts saved on Pinterest, it was just about choosing which one. I decided on Peanut Butter Cup Brownies.
Now, I know I get excited about a lot of things, but seriously, just look at them. LOOK AT THEM. I made out with these brownies. They were that good. They tasted better than a Reese's because they were in a brownie format. That's what Scott said and he told me not to quote him. But I just did anyway. Because that was a good evaluation. They were easier than easy to make and the batch only makes 12 so you don't have to worry about waking up in the middle of the night and eating 13 of them. They are so rich honestly, that one is enough. Go make them!
Recipe can be found at Nosh and Tell.
Man, I wish I was creative enough to come up with these things on my own. Photo was taken with the Instagram app on my phone.
Yummy!! They look very good. I love peanut butter and chocolate. Does it taste like a Reece's cup candy bar.
ReplyDelete