Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Recipe: Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cake

Happy Birthday to ME!!!  Yeah, so I am officially another year older and what a year it has been!  So many wonderful blessings that I am very thankful for.  Now, if we could only have more days like this- days where you get to pick what happens: where you eat, what you do, etc., life would be just that much better.  Maybe I need to start implementing half birthdays in this house and have two celebrations a year.  It's fun to feel special just for that one day and what you say, goes.

Now, there isn't much I can control when it comes to crazy tax season, but I begged Scott to get home at a decent time so we could at least have dinner together, and of course he did what he could.  I decided to take a couple hours "off" while my sister-in-law, Brooke, watched Nolan so I could get a pedicure and run a few errands.  It was nice to get out and about on a 60 degree day in January.

When Scott got home, we ordered some Godfather's pizza, put Nolan to bed, and then I proceeded to make some absolute deliciousness for my birthday: Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cake.  These (found on Pinterest) were absolutely amazing and so chocolatey.  They say to stack the layers three times, but we could barely bite into the two layers, so that is how we left it.  And it warranted more cookies.  Follow the lady's instructions on how she modified some things.  The icing preparation instructions were not clear to me. It says to add peanut butter twice, but never to add the chocolate, so I just ended up adding all the ingredients one at a time in the saucepan and it tasted great!  Also, they don't make that many cookies, so you don't feel like you have lots of cookie leftovers!  They are perfect!


We finished out the night watching a 1945 flick called "And Then There Were None" based off of Agatha Christie's book that I just read again this past year.  It doesn't end like the book unfortunately, but it ends like the play.  This was a discovery Scott made on IMDB after we watched it.  I was pretty disappointed at how it ended, but it was still good anyway!  If you didn't already know, I can't get enough of old movies, but Scott, not as much.  He always ends up liking them, though.  It's not only nice getting my way, but being right at the same time. :)

Recipe can be found here at Culinary Concoctions by Peabody.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds fun!! I got that same movie and I am watching it tonight

    ReplyDelete