
As I slowly become more associated with this domestic lifestyle- cooking more and whatnot, I decided it was time to go a step further and get back into sewing! Now, when I say get back into sewing, I am counting my 8th grade sewing class and my 20 hours of sewing costumes for UNL's theater department. Yes, that 2nd one is true- if you put in 20 hours, you automatically get a 100% on your theater class's final. Why the heck wouldn't you? It was fun and I did some pretty intricate stuff like sewing in a pocket. Not easy my friends...not easy. Sew, I know a little bit and thought it would be fun to get a sewing machine. My request became a reality as a birthday present from my Mom (an early one as I opened my bday presents at Christmas). Meet, my Brother.
 |
| The front two are the ones I made. |
I decided my first project was going to be making pillows for the basement. I have not been a great fan of the fabric covered canvases I had made to hang up on the walls in the basement, so I am going to be taking those down and replacing them with another project I hope to accomplish in the near future. I had leftover fabric from the fabric covered canvas situation and thought it would make great pillows! My mom stayed late after we all had lunch and helped me get my sewing machine set up and we were off! Making pillows is about the easiest thing you can do when it comes to sewing, but it was so exciting nonetheless! I didn't have anything to stuff these said pillows with so my mom asked if we had any old pillows lying around. And yes, we did! I didn't hesitate a second to plunge my scissors into the old pillow, take out the stuffing, and put it into my new pillow. I had plans to make another smaller pillow using the other fabric and had just enough stuffing for the two. So, what did these two very nice fancy pillows (if I say so myself) cost? $0. When you reuse things you already have around the house, then that counts as $0 to me. Sew, the next time you come over, you gotta check out these babies!
I am proud of you! Job well done.
ReplyDelete