Growing up with two sisters, you could say that everything we had was a bit girly. Lots of pinks and purples, Barbie's, Cabbage Patch dolls. Ya know, girl stuff. Maybe it has been this over abundance of girliness that has made me hate the color pink or asking for Hot Wheels cars for Christmas instead of the 50th doll. Move along twenty years and I find myself with a son and three nephews. All boys. How did this happen?
I was watching the Martha Stewart show at home one day. Not quite sure how I came across it, but I am so glad I did! This lady on there was making tutus. They were so cute and looked so easy to make! But who would I make them for? I have no little girls in my family.... Aha! My best friend now has two! No one, and I mean no one, can compete with the level of skill my friend McKenzie has when it comes to painting, crafts, and just about anything art related. I knew she would appreciate a handmade gift for her newborn and toddler. So, off to the store I went to gather my supplies and two tutus later I was done and they were out to the post office! Needless to say, they were a huge hit with the oldest, Zheylin, who I was told had some trouble wanting to take hers off. And, they ended up being ballerinas for Halloween using my tutus! Yay, I did something crafty! Maybe I do miss the girly stuff after all.
(These were made back in October, I just decided to share them now!)
No comments:
Post a Comment