It was not the best time in my life as I was put into a different position I didn't want and put on a different team with me and 7 guys. In all the chaos of it though, they asked me to come up with a sales song. Whenever you got a sale, this song would play over the loudspeaker and everyone would come together and give you high fives and hang out for a bit. There was a lot of pressure, especially coming from the "other side of the wall" to find a song that wasn't too weird or too common, one that people would enjoy listening to especially if you got a lot of sales. I spent one evening with Scott listening to music and gathering input from family what my song should be. Then it hit me. Mika's Grace Kelly. One of the most catchy tunes I know of and just a really fun song.
It was a little while before I got my first sale, but when I finally did get it and my song played, SO MANY people made comments of how great a song it was, it was an awesome song, and oh I wish I would have picked that for mine! It was nice and fun and I felt for one of the first times that I belonged on the sales side of the wall. Kinda weird, but true. And working on the team with the guys was probably the most fun I will ever have at a job, so it wasn't all bad. But it was stressful and not something I was a natural at and every time I sold something, I felt bad for that company. I knew it could only be a short circumstance for me as my morals were too heavy for it. I stayed in the job for about 9 months and did quite well, got some really nice bonuses, prizes, gifts, and I ended up getting 5 sales the last month I was there. Which called for a nice final paycheck from them. After I left, 16 people quit within 3 months. And there was under 30 of us to begin with. If that tells you anything. My next job was even worse, but that's another story for another day. You live and you learn.
But anywho, without further ado....here is Mika's Grace Kelly. You will love it. :) Ca-ching!
I remember that!! Great song!
ReplyDelete