Cue the Christmas music, the season is upon us! I couldn't wait to get the decorations up for Christmas and the weekend after Thanksgiving seems to be the perfect time to do it. Yesterday, we blasted the Christmas tunes and got to working getting the tree up, the nativity up, the stockings up by the chimney with care, and making some switches to the entry way.
But first and most importantly, this weekend we made a trip to Michael's. Yes, Scott and Nolan came with me cause we were RIGHT THERE and it just worked out perfect. Sorry boys, if I'm the only girl in the house, you will be forced to go to craft stores with me once in a blue moon. We went to get some supplies for an idea I saw on Pinterest as well as a fun childhood pre-school memory of mine of playing with a felt Christmas tree. I got the supplies that evening and started making everything after Nollie went to bed for the night. The next morning, I got to making the ornaments and had him get started. I have never seen him so excited to play with something. He was so engaged and concentrated so hard on getting the felt pieces up. He seriously could have played with it all day. Besides coloring, I think this will give him some much needed creative time as well as time to think and organize. Great great idea and I'm so glad it worked out to do this year. It will be one that I hope to save for years to come. The whole project was $8 and I have tons of leftover colored felt that can be used for another time. Wise investment, I would say!
Now, on to the rest of the house. We were a little unsure of how Nolan would react to the ornaments this year since he now has the ability to mess with the tree. He did good at the beginning, but once he realized that he could take one off and get a reaction out of us, he was a madman. Everyone he took off, we moved to a place he couldn't reach it and it became a game to him. He would stare at the tree, find his next victim, tear it from the tree and sprint off. This happened at least 10 times. It was hilarious and exhausting at the same time and all of the ornaments are now on the top half of the tree and it looks ridiculous. Actually, pretty hilarious. You can't even tell really when the lights are on. Which by the way, I wish I had Nolan's reaction on tape when we turned the lights on for the first time. He kept doing it though, so one of these nights I will get it. He just kept saying "Ooohhhh" with a huge surprised look on his face. So cute.
With the new season upon us, I of course was excited to Christmasify the entry table. I used things we already had and just switched stuff out, and used some awesome items from the sale Pamida had last year after Christmas. Like, the reindeer was seriously 75 cents. The candle set, maybe a dollar, and all of those green and red ornaments were less than $1 each for three tubes of them. Very inexpensive little project. The little nativity was one I had from when I was a kid. The vase with the things sticking out, I literally removed the yellow fall leaves and left the red and green decor. Simple little switch. Don't have to spend much to make a space the way you want it to look.
Hope everyone is having fun getting into the holiday spirit! I absolutely love this time of year and was excited to see some snow outside today!


Merry Christmas!!
ReplyDelete