Maria Mena is one of the many artists introduced to me by Kim and it has been about 4-5 years since the last time I really sat and listened to her. The few times I have been by an ocean/body of water since hearing her song, "Calm Under the Waves", it pops into my head. It is an incredibly sad song and I cry almost every single time I hear it, but it is by far my favorite of hers. The song is about letting go of someone who died and I think we can all relate to it. If you seriously need a good cry, (women, I know you all like one) step into this song for a bit. One thing Maria has going for her is her amazing lyrics. You don't hear lyrics like these often...or ever anymore.
My favorite lyric of the song is at the very end:
I'm tired now
I'll see you when I wake up
I've heard it's pretty where you are
I'll see you when I wake up
I've heard it's pretty where you are
I let go
I let go
Another great song is "Miss You Love":
I know the distance is a factor
but I stretch as often as I can
My goal is to reach your hands any day now
but I stretch as often as I can
My goal is to reach your hands any day now
It is hard to pick just a couple songs, but if you like what you hear, I suggest you just YouTube her and listen to a bunch of her songs. For example- Nevermind Me, A Few Small Bruises, etc.
I don't follow the music world like I used to but I love music so thanks!!!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful song!
ReplyDelete