Thursday, August 9, 2012

Paleo Spaghetti


The next dish I made last week was this Paleo Spaghetti.  Another thing that would be difficult for me to not have 100% of the time is pasta.  Let me tell you, these zucchini noodles make you forget you ever liked pasta.  They are so tender and have a very close texture to pasta with a tiny bit of crunch.  I noticed that that the pieces without any zucchini skin were almost identical to it.  I also got to try my hand at making julienne cuts which were a bit tedious, but sorta fun at the same time.  The turkey and sweet basil sauce on top really made the dish.  I actually do not like spaghetti.  At all.  It is something I think we have made once or twice since we have been married per Scott's request.  I ate every single bite of this.  Nolan had a difficult time with the zucchini noodles, but he went at the turkey chunks and sauce like his face and arms were a sauce canvas.  He had so much fun with it and loved every bite.  Scott has not been home for dinner for the past couple of weeks so he only got the leftovers the next day, but I think he approved.  She does have a recipe on here for a specific sauce to put on top, but I just picked up Classico Sweet Basil sauce.  Made it that much easier.  Not 100% Paleo, but close enough and didn't require us to buy a million ingredients.

Recipe can be found here at Multiply Delicious.  Are we sensing a theme with this website?

2 comments: