I do realize this isn't Paleo, but my sister was raving about these noodles that were brought to her after she had her twins and wanted to share them with us. Well, I can see why she raved so much. They are so delicious! It was kind of a weird thing to have noodles like this cold, but they are so good! I did end up adding some broccoli to this after the picture was taken, but I bet there are so many things you could add on top. The directions say to add chicken, but I didn't feel like dealing with it. They really taste like restaurant style noodles. Scott had some a couple days later that he brought to work and thought they were delicious. Nolan wanted nothing to do with them due to the size of noodle they were and that they are hard to pick up by hand. He is a picky one. They make so much you can have leftovers for days!
Cold Sesame Noodles
Adapted from The Kosher Palette
1 lb. spaghetti-type noodles (I find thin linguini works best)
1/2 cup sesame oil
1/2 cup soy sauce (I sometimes add an extra 1/4 cup; totally depends on your taste/soy sauce brand)
1/3 cup sugar
3-5 scallions, chopped
Sesame seeds, to taste (I use about 1/4 cup)
I also added some already cooked chicken cubes
________________
Boil water. Add pasta, stirring every so often so it doesn’t get clumpy. (Appetizing!) While pasta is cooking, shake up/thoroughly mix together soy sauce, sesame oil, and sugar. Chop scallions.
When pasta is done, drain, and rinse. Toss together with the sauce, scallions, and sesame seeds until well-blended. Let sit in fridge for a few hours until cool. Enjoy!
So glad you guys liked the noodles! They are delicious!
ReplyDelete