Scott and I have decided to try a different way of focusing on the foods we eat with the help of the Paleo Diet. With this way of eating, you can basically only have foods that cavemen could eat or make themselves. So you are able to have meat, seafood, vegetables, fruit, herbs, nuts, and eggs among a few other things. You can't have cheese, pasta or breads, sugar, or any processed foods. Every single story I read about people on the Paleo Diet talk about how great they feel and how they are never hungry. Pretty much everyone loses weight with this, but for the most part they just feel better and their body functions how it is supposed to. This is something that really appealed to us as I feel like a schlup a lot of the time. And we have pounds we would still like to lose. In general, it is a better way to eat without putting all of the ick of processed foods in your body. I would hate to call it a diet because it is more of a way of eating. Also, a lot of the people say it is difficult to do 100% of the time, but they try to do it as much as they can which is the way we have decided to go. I decided if we could have at least three dinners be Paleo a week, we would be good. If we can do more, even better. We aren't going to put much pressure on this because we would fail and we want to make it fun.
Here is a Paleo Success Story that is pretty amazing.
Here is a good list of the foods you can eat with Paleo. Not too restricting at all.
The first thing I decided to make a couple of weeks ago were these Egg Muffins. They are meant to be made to last for the duration of about a week so that in the mornings you can just heat them up for about 15 secs and you have a healthy breakfast. It is loaded with protein and veggies and without any cheese, I was hesitant if I would like them. Let me tell you, you don't miss the cheese. You don't miss anything. They are so ridiculously good. They have so much flavor it is hard to have just one, but they are also quite filling at the same time. Nolan saw me having one and came up and sat on my lap and I gave him a couple of pieces. He couldn't get enough. The next day he saw me taking them out of the fridge and he freaked out at the fact that I had to put it in the microwave first. He wanted one right away. A lesson in patience for the little man. He ate every single bite every day that I gave him one without him knowing how much protein he was getting and that he was consuming both spinach and carrots. Both things he wouldn't dream of eating by themselves.
Scott ate his the day after I made them and took it to work and he texted me to say that he thinks these should be a weekly thing. They are so easy to pack and bring to work and you don't lose any of the flavor if you were to eat them right away or three days later.
We will definitely be making these again and again especially since Nolan loved them so much.
Recipe can be found here at Multiply Delicious.
(I skipped out on the red peppers but put a few diced green peppers in the ones for Scott.)
yummy
ReplyDelete