Thursday, April 26, 2012

Spring To-Do List

Oh, I heart lists.  I love writing things down that need to get done and I love crossing them off even more.  We have a lot of things I would like to get done before Nolan's 1st birthday in this here house and with tax season over (Can I get a WOOT WOOT!)  Scott now has a tiny bit more time to help me do it.

Our house is in pretty good shape but as I was thinking of the things I would like to get done, I noticed that we have basically just left it for the birds.  A broken window here, a torn curtain there.  We might as well be at DisneyWorld in the Haunted Mansion.  And yes, we have a Haunted Mansion-like chandelier in our foyer with a huge spider web coming from it that I can't reach with my long reachy duster thing.  Enter Scott.  He doesn't know about it yet cause I forget about it being there and I forget to ask him.  Add that to the list!

I thought I would share our list not because I know you all care about when we change a lightbulb in this house but more so because I thought it would motivate me to actually get these things done.  And maybe, just maybe you like to see others cross things off of their lists as well.

Our Spring "Projects" (in no particular order)
Have Scott get rid of the cobwebs in the foyer (See? It's been added to the list.)
Get a new grill cover
Finish landscaping the two backyard trees and clean up the third tree
Fill in the mulch around the shed
Clean up the front yard landscaping
Replace the broken window (It's been cracked since we moved in pretty much)
Spray paint the two kitchen light fixtures silver
Spray paint the lawn furniture
Change all the doorknobs on the first floor to nickel
Seal and/or stain the deck
Finish putting up wood along the bottom of the fenceline
Get a new curtain for the dining room
Replace light in the bathroom
Replace lightbulbs in the front yard
Patch ceiling in the extra bedroom
Organize the basement storage area
Organize and clean out the garage

I'm sure more will be added to the list and there are other things that I know need to get done sooner than others.  It may not get done before the middle of May but I would like for it to be done by the end of the summer.  Goal is May though.  You will see that our list already has some things crossed out as we have made some improvements already.

Improvement #1- New Grill Cover

See the mangled, holey mess beside the grill?

 And now- new cover!  Much better.

 Improvement #2- New Curtain for the Dining Room

This curtain was doomed from the start if it ripped just cause I opened it.  These were cheapo curtains we got when we first moved in just so we had something to put there.


New curtains from Target.  Actually, they were cheaper than the first ones but MUCH better quality.  And thermal too so it will help keep the heat out. 


 And open.  So nice.  If  you look closely, you can see the cracked window on the right.


And since you don't need to see me change a lightbulb in the bathroom, check out our outside lights.  They were neglected all last summer.  One of the middle lights was actually bent completely in half and broken for over a year.  Looked REAL classy.  With some Gorilla Glue and bricks to prop it up, it was as good as new!  Some replacement lightbulbs later and we looked like respectable people again.


Even if it's the little things, it just makes you feel good to get things done and to cross some things off of the list.  Hopefully we will meet our goal!

1 comment: