This past Saturday I had the pleasure of spending the evening with my good friend Natalie and some of her friends for her bachelorette party downtown. We started the night out at Hotel Deco and went to around 6-7 bars throughout the evening. At midnight we decided we were hungry and went to eat at Roja downtown. We were all trying to decide what we wanted to eat and one of the girls suggested just getting one of every appetizer plus the nachos. After Natalie's sister ordered one of everything, the waitress sort of did a double take and gave us the ol' "Oh you are serious?!" Do we look like we are joking? Didn't think so. Hungryyy. My favorite appetizer was the Queso Flameado. Or flaming cheese if you will. It was basically fried cheese served with warm tortillas. I'm pretty sure I ate 3/4 of that appetizer as I might have accidentally kept it by me the whole time. It was a successful late night snack as we couldn't move for awhile as we were so full. Perfect time to just relax, chat, and sit by the fire before going to our next destination.
I haven't been bar hopping since college and four years will really age you especially when you are married and ESPECIALLY when you have a child. I walked in the doors just shortly after 2 AM and fell asleep faster than I ever have in my life. I officially feel old.
Funny! Old, right. You just wait.
ReplyDeleteI second what your dad said...just wait...lol...great and funny post!
ReplyDeleteI feel like I was there! Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteThanks! And Audree, we wish you would have been there!
ReplyDelete