I worked at a terrific place in college as an intern. It is like the DisneyWorld of places to work without actually getting to work at DisneyWorld. This place made such a huge impact on me. I still have great friends from the experience and the culture and beliefs of this organization completely changed the way I look at people and life in general. One of the famous quotes that we have from one of the founders that I love to ponder is "What if everyone in the world did what they were good at and enjoyed?" How amazing would life be. With every company that TP gets to work with, they get to completely change that company's culture and the effectiveness of it because of the way their selection process is structured. And they have hundreds of statistics to back up how they have transformed businesses. It's just an amazing philosophy and organization to be a part of.
So, I had been thinking about this organization lately and wanting to possibly contact them about doing some part time interviewing at home. My sister had said they just hired one of her friends to do this type of job and that they were looking for more. It took me less than 10 min after hearing about this to have a email sent to the HR person of the company. I heard back from him not even 5 minutes later saying he remembered me well, even though I hadn't worked there in 4 years. A few weeks later and a lunch at TP, I had the job. Part-time interviewing from home. I was and am ecstatic. Fast forward a few more weeks later and I am at the end of the second week of training and I couldn't be happier.
The first day back last Monday was such a happy day for me. Everyone remembered me. Not a few people that I talked to the most back then, but EVERYONE that worked there when I did. They were happy to see me, gave me tons of hugs, and were happy to have me back. Those who didn't know me introduced themselves the minute they saw me. Do you know what that feels like to feel so wanted and loved by so many people? It was insanity and a great day. The reason everyone knew me was because everyone gets to know everyone when you work there. It's a small company which I love and you will never see anyone sitting by themselves eating lunch. You never just sit by your friends at lunch. You go and sit at a table with whoever and have a conversation and get to know them. In the hallways, people are building relationships. That is just the culture of the company and everyone is incredibly friendly.
The company unfortunately is in Lincoln so I have had to drive everyday for training and figure out what to do with Nolan everyday, but thankfully we have amazing family who has been able to watch him. When I got home after the first day, I couldn't wait to see Nolan. I got to actually experience what Scott gets to feel everyday when Nolan freaks out when he gets home. I got to be missed by my little boy. I wasn't this lady who is always just hanging out with him. And even though I am going to be away all day for almost three weeks of training, the payoff in the end will be great. After training, I will get to stay at home all day with him, but will also do work in the evenings and on weekends to help out our family financially, to do something I love, and to be a part of an amazing organization. After that first day I said to Scott, "I am so happy". I feel at peace with everything. It will be interesting to see how the routine goes when I am done training and start interviewing, but to me, I now get the best of both worlds.
Here is a video that will give you an insight to this organization. This one is really neat and very truthful to the company culture. If you think the positivity and excitement is fake or just for the video you would be completely wrong. Everyone is so positive every single day. FYI- The red carpet is something we only do for special occasions and is not an everyday thing. :)
Sounds like an amazing place!!
ReplyDelete