Monday, April 16, 2012

Recipe: The World-Famous Maine Lobster Roll (Imitation Style)


We aren't fancy people.  The only thing I know about being fancy is what I learned from Spongebob Squarepants where he discusses holding your pinky in the air while you drink a beverage.  I would love to be able to call us fancy one day, but we aren't quite there yet.  What a way to start our journey to fanciness than with a dish with lobster in it.  Real lobster you ask?  I just told you we are on a journey to fanciness, so no, imitation lobster.  The kind that costs $2.99 for 1/2 lb at TARGET kind of imitation lobster. 

Scott found this recipe for a Lobster Roll that we thought we needed to try.  It was freakin delicious.  We made two for each of us because it doesn't seem like it would be that much food, but it really is.  Neither of us could finish the second one.  And there were still even leftovers for the next day.

According to the reviews, they say to leave out the tarragon, scallions, and cucumber which we did because it meant even less ingredients we had to get and it was really good without those things.

Try it out today.  Incredibly cheap, lovely, delicious meal.

Recipe can be found here at Food Network.

No comments:

Post a Comment