Scott and I were going to the very funny comedian, Jo Koy, at the Omaha Funny Bone for his birthday with Kyle and Melissa and had only about half an hour to eat beforehand so we picked Panchero's to eat, which is located right next door. Neither one of us had eaten here before but knew it was like Chipotle, Qdoba, etc. so we knew we might as well try it! They have basically the same type of menu with tacos, quesedillas, and burritos. One thing that is different about them is that they make their tortillas fresh, in front of you. I didn't know how big of a difference that would make until I tried it.I bit into my burrito made of rice, black beans, cheese, sour cream, etc...you get the hint. I eat the same things all the time. Apparently twice in one week. The first thing you notice before you even bite into it is the smell of the freshly made tortilla. It was so warm and soft and so delicious. It made the burrito that much better. Their slogan is even- "It's all about the tortilla", which is so true as that is what sets them apart. They are a tad more expensive than the other burrito places, but occasionally, I would spend more money just so I could have this tortilla again. Great place to eat if you are ever at Village Pointe and only have about 20 minutes!
Website and menu can be found at www.pancheros.com
Photo courtesy of www.omahafinedining.com
Jo Koy, by the way, was one of the funniest comedic acts we have ever seen in person, right up there with Brian Regan and Daniel Tosh. We were laughing hysterically the moment he started talking and didn't stop for the next 2 1/2 hours. He was so great with the crowd that after his last joke, people said they didn't want him to leave, so he talked and told jokes for another 30-45 min. He tried calling his mom, Jon Lovitz, and finally Chuy, who he got ahold of, and it was hilarious. He ended up singing a couple songs and he deserves a record deal! If you are unfamiliar with him, he is on Chelsea Lately every Tuesday night so you definitely have to check him out! We had never seen his stand up until tonight and he didn't disappoint! You can see more about him on his website- www.jokoy.com.
Also, a note about the cleanse, it tasted a bit better today and when we got home from the show, Scott and his dad went to get ice cream and I DIDN'T WANT ANY. It sounded absolutely horrible to me. I never turn down ice cream. I had a bowl of grapes instead. A bowl of grapes instead of ice cream. Not because I thought I needed to eat healthy, but because I wanted them and they sounded good. I don't know what this cleanse is doing to me but I'm kinda wishing it was a 365-day one instead of 7.
No comments:
Post a Comment