As I sit here eating my Chili Cheese Tots from Sonic and finish off my pint of Half-Baked Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream, I see pizza boxes to my right ready to be taken out to the garbage from the night before. Now the only reason we went to Sonic was because McDonald's was too far away. Another few minutes farther and that just wasn't going to cut it tonight. I will have to get my two cheeseburger meal and Scott his Big Mac meal some other night. Probably tomorrow.
While this seemed to work back in college without us gaining any weight, this is not the case anymore. We now have an 8 week old, who at this pace will have to wheel us around and help us lift our fat rolls to go the bathroom by the time we are 30. I would like to say that most of this is attributed to said 8 week old who doesn't give me any time to plan or make meals so it's just easier if Scott brings something home, but this was nothing short of our lifestyle before him. Something needs to change here and it's gonna happen now! Scott and I absolutely love food, there is no doubt about that. We love to go out and try new restaurants but rarely like to try and make new things at home for ourselves. We resort to a lot of boxed meals which are easy, but stray away from that whole healthy thing.
While being at home these past two months, I have come to really REALLY appreciate the Food Network and come to the realization that we are selling ourselves short. There are so many creative, delicious, and healthy foods out there that we have yet to try and I have been so inspired.
This blog is going to be about us making more of an effort to make easy, healthy, and affordable meals at home as well as to share our experiences at restaurants we go to or have gone to in the city in which we live. (I have to be realistic here as we like to go out way too much for us to have a home cooked meal every night) I could have an entire blog about pizza, but that might get kinda old. I will just have to throw it in occasionally. :) I hope to inspire you with some recipes as well as give tips on where to go eat the next time you are in Omaha and other cities we might happen to go to.
There is something about a blog that holds you accountable for your actions. Others are reading it and you feel so much pressure to write and make new posts that I thought this would be the best way for us to stay on track! I think our little family will appreciate it in the long run and hopefully it will keep us from saying "let's get a pizza" a little bit less. Just a little bit. ;)

No comments:
Post a Comment