With Nolan's baptism coming up at the end of July, we had decided we were going to have a reception at our house afterwards for about 30 people. Sounds easy setting it up a month in advance, right? Well, the time came to actually plan what we were going to eat and one of the first things that came to mind was a fruit bowl covered in this honey-poppy seed dressing that our sister-in-law, Brooke, had made us one night when we had dinner at their house. It was absolutely delicious and something I wanted to do for us at home.Since that dinner, I had made it without the poppy seed and it tastes just as good without the added texture. I decided to make the full recipe for the reception as it makes the whole bowl of fruit pop with the poppy seeds. The original recipe found by clicking here, uses apples, grapes, apricots, and pineapple. Well, I am not a huge fan of apples so I decided to pick a few fruits that we both really like. We chose strawberries, green grapes, and cantelope.
This dressing isn't just to make the fruit look pretty, but really accentuates the natural sugars in the fruit to make it very sweet and mouthwatering. Even if you aren't fond of fruit, try this dressing on it and you will be changed forever. The colors of the different fruits that we chose look so fabulous and yummy together, you wouldn't be surprised that there wasn't a single piece of fruit left by the end of the reception.
Ingredients of Our Fruit Medley
2 lbs of strawberries sliced
1 large bunch of green grapes cut in half
1 cantelope chopped in bite size pieces
Honey-Poppy Seed Dressing
| 1/4 | cup vegetable oil |
| 3 | tablespoons honey |
| 2 | tablespoons lemon juice |
| 1 1/2 | teaspoons poppy seed |
I actually ended up doubling this recipe since we had about double the fruit of the original recipe. I don't think you can have too much of the dressing so make as much as you want!
(Side note: You have no idea how many times I kept typing poopy instead of poppy. That will be a dish I make NEXT week! Silly me.)
No comments:
Post a Comment