Thursday, January 3, 2013

Twilight: Breaking Dawn Part 2

For the last few months, my sleeping has been filled with nightmares.  I'm not talking just one little bad dream once a week and then its nice the rest of the night.  I'm talking every night, the moment I go to sleep til the moment I wake up, I enter a world that is stressful and scary.  I wake up in the middle of the night and try to stay awake so that particular dream won't continue but then another one starts.  It has gotten to the point that I hate going to sleep even though I'm extremely exhausted and eventually have to come to the realization that it is a must.  Until last night. I had one long dream that lasted the whole night and it was filled with vampires, werewolves, and elves.  I was an elf apparently.  I know it sounds like another bad dream, but it wasn't- it was awesome and fun.  The cast of Twilight was in it and they were my friends and we had a great time.  I know it sounds absolutely insane and ridiculous but you have no idea the relief I have. So, I have them to thank for my good mood and non-jitteriness waking up this morning.   Hence, this post.

So when Breaking Dawn Part 2 released in November, I watched all the interviews with the cast and so many said that the ending of the movie is different from the book.  Well, if I was going to see the movie, I had to know how it was different.  So, I got the last book on my Kindle and read it.  It was a great end to a great series and it really ties everything up.  Of course I was stoked to see how the movie made it different.  One apparent difference was a particular fight scene that they kept showing in the previews that is never in the book.  I was reading the book and was just waiting for the fight to break out cause that is what I had seen on commercials and it never did.  I was relieved for the book but unsure of why the movie had it in there.  And then I was reading an interview on People.com with Peter Facinelli, who plays Carlisle, and he revealed something that happens in the movie.  I was not a happy person and needed to see it right away before anything else got ruined.  I had lunch with my friend Brittani and three days later we were sitting in the movie theater getting ready to see it.  I don't think I have looked forward to a movie like this in a long time.

The movie was great.  A former Nebraska Football player I'm friends with on Facebook who goes to the movies with his girlfriend every single weekend said it was the best movie he had seen all year.  I had to show Scott his post, but he still wasn't convinced enough to watch them.  Someday he will muahaha.  It was fantastic.  I cried a couple times, laughed out loud 5-10 times, and even gasped.  Yes, gasped.  Scott can even vouche that not a lot amazes me to the point where I'm just stricken with excitement.  And I gasped out loud at this movie.  At the same part I looked over at Brittani and she was wide eyed and had her hands over her mouth.  This was the beginning of part of the movie that was different from the book.  My sister still hasn't seen it so I won't go into details or she might hurt me.  But even though there is a slight difference, lovers of the books and those who have never read the books will be pleased with the ending and how everything wraps up.

2012 must have been the year that people decided they needed to make good movies again.  There has never been such a list of movies that I have wanted to see- Les Miserables, Lincoln, Silver Linings Playbook, The Sessions, Argo, and on and on and on.  I just wish going to the theater was cheaper...

Photo courtesy of imdb.com

No comments:

Post a Comment