Thursday, January 10, 2013

It's My Birthday

My birthday was last Thursday and Nolan and I took a trip to a local bakery in our hometown.  I had never heard of this bakery, but I like supporting local businesses and why not give them a shot.  And they had cupcakes.  And I like cupcakes.  And I wanted some cupcakes for my birthday.  So Nolan and I went bright and early to pick out some cinnamon rolls for breakfast and some cupcakes for later when Scott got home.  The cinnamon rolls were not great.  Like, pretty terrible.  I expect cinnamon rolls to be rolling with icing and just plain gooey.  These were the opposite.  But, Nolan devoured his so we had a fun little breakfast together.
Image
Later in the day I received some beautiful flowers from my son Nolan.  Now, we knew he was smart, but ordering flowers is just about over the top.  I will be researching colleges later today to discuss early enrollment.  They are gorgeous and have since bloomed quite beautifully.
Image
When Scott got home, we made our way over to Huhot.  Just sounded really good.  And it was.  Nolan even ate some of it until he choked on some crab and threw it up on his plate.  Then he carried about his happy self until we were done eating as if nothing happened.  Don't worry, we looked around and no one saw this happen.
And finally we got home to our cupcakes.  And they were actually pretty good.  The frosting was fantastic.  Great end to a great day.
Image
There is always some sort of expectation on our birthdays like this has to be the most perfect day.  I need to create a fun day for us.  But then the next day comes and it's over.  Just done with.  And then you have to wait a whole nother year for the next awesome birthday you are going to have.  I have never been a huge birthday person, but I do like to have a couple special things happen, like dinner and cupcakes.  Especially when I can enjoy them with my little family.  And in the end, we do have our perfect day.  I'm 27, and although that number is getting a little too close to 30 for me, I have a pretty great life and family and I can't thank God enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment