Wednesday, December 19, 2012

What We've Been Eating

I know, you have all been wondering this.  We are trying to go back to the healthier route of eating.  We kind of go back and forth with this a lot as you have seen.  We eat healthy and then feel deprived and then find things with 5 different cheeses and then eat those for two weeks straight.  It just happens.  So sometimes we have streaks and sometimes we have mixtures.  Here is an example of a mixture situation of three recipes that we have eaten in the past couple weeks.  All were very tasty.

The first one is Crock Pot Santa Fe Chicken.  I served them on a small tortilla, put some cheese and sour cream on and I think they were only 200 calories or so each.  Nolan was a fan of this one. Recipe can be found here.


The next one we had was Spicy Black Bean Burgers with Chipotle Mayonaisse.  I made the burgers early in the day so that they would have time to get frozen in the freezer by supper time.  Very yummy and not quite the consistency of what you would expect when biting in a burger, but very close.  Scott thought the chipotle mayo could have been hotter, but I'm a wuss so it tasted perfect to me.  Nolan enjoyed the broccoli and the bread as he wouldn't even take a bite of the burger.  He might have liked it, we will never know.  Recipe can be found here.


And finally, Mozzarella Chicken with Garlic Pasta and Italian Bread.  This one was on the heavier side, but still around 600-700 calories for the whole meal, so not too terrible.  The garlic pasta recipe was similar to Death by Garlic, so I just made that instead cause I know I love that. This one was a huge winner with Nolan.  He ate as much as I did.  Maybe more.  Recipe can be found here.



1 comment: