Rob then wasted no time tackling the kid's bathroom upstairs. It was looking a bit like this. Pink and green striped wallpaper, pink sink, and lovely mid-century hanging lights. Beautiful, I know...but they wanted to make it a tad better.

Here is the other side of that bathroom with its square white tile and nothing to be bragged about fixtures for the bathtub. This is essentially the kid's bathroom and only bathtub in the house so they wanted it to be as nice and new and not gross as possible.

He ripped up the carpet floors and replaced them with tile and ripped up the wall paper and tile around the bathtub for a more updated look.

He replaced the square tile with new subway tile and got new fixtures for the bathtub. I believe this was Sam's first bath in awhile so he was pretty excited and I think talking about it a lot. (He had showers, don't worry they don't make their children be dirty mongrels.)

Next, they added a fresh coat of green paint, painted the trim white, replaced the manufacturer's mirror and hideous light fixture, painted the cabinets, put in a new not pink sink, new toilet, and replaced the countertop.

Next came some fun accessories and the bath was complete! How great does that look? You gotta scroll back to the before to truly appreciate it. Rob did this whole thing on his own. I would love to learn to do things like this. Like LOVE. I just can't get enough of crazy transformations and love viewing before and afters of what normal people have accomplished on their own.


They are about done with their kitchen transformation that I can't wait to share in the near future. They got their new countertops in yesterday so they still have some backsplash tile to complete as well as installing a few more appliance type items. Can't wait to see their finished project! Is anyone else just fascinated by this stuff? I can't get enough of it!
No comments:
Post a Comment