Sunday, February 26, 2012

Recipe: Spinach and Cream Cheese Enchiladas


One of my favorite restaurants that I used to go to all the time down by my old job was Fernando's.  My co-workers introduced me to it and the first time I went I got the spinach and cream cheese enchiladas.  They were amazing and I never got anything else the other times I have eaten there.  It has been awhile since I have graced my presence at Fernando's and decided to try some spinach and cream cheese enchiladas of my own.

I found a recipe that got good reviews and I got her going.  I like to read reviews of recipes to see what people said and what they did to change things.  One lady mentioned that you need to use a 9x13 pan and that she added some Mexican cheese to the spinach mixture for more flavor.  I decided to do both of these things and it worked out great.  The enchiladas tasted awesome.  They weren't slathered in greasy cheese like at Fernando's, which is a good or bad thing depending on how you are feeling at the moment, but they tasted pretty close nonetheless.  Scott also thought they were great.  Perfect enchilada option if you are vegetarian or want a meat break from your meals.   I am going to be adding these to the "rotation of meals" as I could eat these all the time.  Try them out and let me know what you think!

Recipe can be found here at Food.com

2 comments:

  1. Sounds yummy! Wished my hubby liked spinach more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, Scott usually compares spinach to dirt and he loved these, so you never know, Alex might too! :)

    ReplyDelete