| Pictures of wallpaper OFF, but with glue all over the walls. |
Oh yeah, remember me? I'm that wallpaper you have been scraping off for over a month now in the bathroom and have been haunting your dreams. Well, wallpaper, you are officially out of my life. It's about FREAKIN TIME. While in the middle of this nightmare was I regretting starting in the first place? Of course I was, but I had an image of what was to come and what I wanted it to look like that I kept moving. My mom was pretty sure that they had to have glued the walls and used preglued wallpaper because of how small the pieces were that were coming off. An average piece taken off was about one inch in size. One inch.
Now if you remember, I wanted to try and preserve the paint underneath. HAHAHA. I know you were all laughing at me on that one. One little knick here, one enormous chunk of paint taken off there. My dreams of just "touching up" the walls were shattered. I am gonna need to paint the entire thing. One of my tricks to getting the wallpaper off was steam and lots of water. This didn't flow too well with the trim below in which IT'S paint started melting away and turning rust color from the paint wetness sliding down above. So not only am I going to have to paint these entire walls again, but I am going to have to redo the trim as well.
SILVER LINING ALERT! So, the previous owners had left a can of the rust paint downstairs with little to nothing in it so we couldn't use that. One day, I decided to venture down to see if they had left any primer at least. I looked through all the cans and not only did I find primer, I found trim paint, and an entire full can of the rust paint I missed. Ok previous owners, you are awesome again. We don't have to buy a single thing of paint and we get to save money!!!
My next steps now are scraping glue off of the walls, sanding, painting the trim, and painting the walls. Then you will all hear screams wherever you might be coming from me. As it will be done.
No comments:
Post a Comment