Saturday, October 1, 2011

Topic: Nutrisystem- 2 Weeks Down, 6 To Go

Well, we have officially completed two full weeks on Nutrisystem and to say it has been a success so far would be an understatement.  I was unable to write after one week because we were out of town and we weren't able to weigh in.  Now, there is a huge difference between men and women when it comes to weight loss. Scott basically smells the food and loses 5 lbs. Well, me being a woman, I've had to work my butt off. But, it is paying off and I haven't felt this good and healthy since we got married almost 3 1/2 years ago which is saying something.  We made the mistake of sort of pigging out before going on it as we knew it would be our last ice cream, pizza, etc. for the next two months so I ended up gaining a few more pounds in the few weeks working up to it. My bad. I just have to work harder and I have a new weight loss goal of 23 lbs. I would love to get back to my wedding weight, so that is the plan!  Yes, marriage makes you gain weight cause you are so relieved you don't have to fit in that wedding dress anymore and having a baby doesn't help the matter.

We have been very impressed with the food so far except for a couple items.  Scott was not a fan of the supper- Orange Chicken and I was not a fan of the breakfast- Scrambled Eggs with Vegetables. I'm pretty sure there were pieces of sausage or something in there and there definitely wasn't supposed to be. The fact that I'm not sure what they actually were makes it even worse. Thankfully, we have liked most of the food so it has made it bearable! We have wanted to order a pizza or just get a big juicy burger countless times but when we start something and have made a commitment to it (and have spent all the money haha) we aren't gonna mess it up!  The main theme of Nutrisystem is portion sizes and small meals throughout the day.  Along with your Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, and Dessert (Scott gets another Nutrisystem snack during the day in addition), you also have to supplement with vegetables, fruit, dairy, and protein (Scott also gets to add carbohydrates on his plan). They give you a great guide that gives you ideas of what you can have so it takes the guess work out of it.  I have never eaten so many vegetables in my life!

I have kept the same workout regimen as I did prior to starting Nutrisystem as I thought it was a good one. I do the elliptical 3-4 times a week for 30-45 min (doing a different workout on it every time) burning anywhere from 400-500 calories in addition to Tuesday night workouts at our church that are actually very intense and make me sore for days.  It is good to mix things up a bit.  Scott basically just breathes and mows.  He has gone on the treadmill once, but I think he wants to get more into a routine here soon.

The results after two weeks are as follows:

Scott: -11              9 lbs til weight loss goal
Jessica: -6           17 lbs til weight loss goal

I would definitely say we are on track for our 20-23 lb goal- Scott definitely is, that's for sure! We are still doing it for the full two months so we have two weeks down, six to go!

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome!! Keep up the great work. You can do it. Congrats to both of you!

    ReplyDelete