We are officially halfway through our Nutrisystem plan and things are still going good! Scott had been doing so great that he felt comfortable going off the plan a little bit as he had lunches for work he had to attend to. He has also had a juicy burger from Red Robin and I got a salad there. You gotta have a meal or two outside the system or you might go crazy. Just make sure what you are eating is healthy or the same portion as what would be in your Nutrisystem meal. I have only had two meals the entire time outside the plan. One was supper for my mom's bday and that salad from Red Robin.
It takes about a third of the time it normally does to go to the grocery store, which has been nice. You look for vegetables, dairy, and fruits, and you are basically done. Hy-vee had an amazing sale on their yogurt ($.29) so I got a month's worth of them. When you get a deal, go for it!
I was going to start writing every week after the last post, but both Scott and I were sick last week, so neither of us worked out the entire week. I was so disappointed in my weight loss that I didn't want to write about it. I was just banking on getting better and back on track this week, which I did! It was no additional 6 lbs, but it was something. You can't expect perfection all the time, but you can at least try to be better than you were the day before. At least that is what I tell myself. The fact that I didn't lose much weight last week really just tells you how important exercise is to your weight loss goals. So get off that couch!
I am still going to the class on Tuesday nights at our church unless Scott has to work late, which happens more than we would both like. We had been doing mainly Turbo Jam workouts, but the teacher has strayed and we have been doing some workouts that she created, which have been just as effective. One of the things that the creator of Turbo Jam always says is that you might not feel like working out, but just think about how good you feel when you are done. That should get you motivated!
Even though I didn't get a chance to work out at all last week, I am still happy with my progress because that is weight that probably would still be there if it weren't for our new eating habits. I haven't really had any cravings for much food outside the system so it has made it easy. The only thing I have wanted was Death By Garlic. I could seriously eat that every day.
So here we are at the end of month one, and we are sitting pretty good! My goal weight loss after one month was 10 lbs. and I probably could have gotten there with a few more workouts last week, but that just means that I need to work even harder this next month. I'm up for the challenge!
Total weight loss after one month on Nutrisystem:
Scott: -16 lbs 4 lbs away from weight loss goal
Jessica: -8.6 lbs 14.4 lbs away from weight loss goal
I was so close to that 10 lb. mark and I can not wait to get there! We will be getting an extra week of food because my food didn't end up shipping correctly so I have had to eat Scott's food (which is exactly the same). They wanted to make sure that I was able to supplement Scott's food from what I took, so they are sending a free week which we will share!
I will be reporting back in two weeks regarding our results and my goal is to get past that 10 lb. weight mark. And, if I lose about another 5 lbs, I will be at my pre-pregnancy weight! Scott's goal is to also lose another 5 lbs. So here is to shedding another 5 lbs each in two weeks- and we WILL do it!
No comments:
Post a Comment