Sunday, October 2, 2011

Topic: Nutrisystem Women's Plan

So, as I had mentioned before, women and men have two different plans suited to what will help them lose weight the best. Scott gets one additional Nutrisystem snack/dessert and gets to add carbohydrates to his day.  The only times I am allowed a piece of bread is with the Turkey Hot Dogs, which are one of my favorites, or with either the Chicken or Tuna Salad.  So after all is said and done with this, I am really going to cut back on my bread intake because I really don't need it.  Here is the women's plan laid out for the day:

Breakfast                                                              What I might have
Nutrisystem Breakfast Entree                           Blueberry Pancakes
Dairy or Protein                                                  1 Fried Egg
Fruit                                                                     1/2 cup of 100% Cranberry juice

Lunch
Nutrisystem Lunch Entree                                   Fettuccini Alfredo
Vegetable                                                             1 cup of Romaine lettuce
Vegetable                                                             1/2 cup of asparagus
Dairy or Protein                                                   1/4 cup of cottage cheese


Afternoon Snack
Dairy or Protein                                                    1 container of lowfat yogurt
Fruit                                                                         15 grapes

Dinner
Nutrisystem Dinner Entree                                 Cheese and Spinach Ravioli
Vegetable                                                              1/2 cup of cucumbers
Vegetable                                                              1/2 cup of green beans
Vegetable or Fruit                                                 Half a medium banana
Fat                                                                         Small spoonful of peanut butter

Dessert
Nutrisystem Dessert Entree                    Chocolate Peanut Butter Bar


So there ya go.  The packet of information given to you gives portion sizes for each veggie, fruit, dairy or protein so you don't have to worry about eating too much of something that could ruin your diet. You can see though that I basically have an entire plateful of food so it's not so bad!  Sometimes we get lazy and only do one vegetable cause it is a lot to supplement and prepare all the time. You can also add 2 tbsp of fat free dressing to any salad that you make and salad could be the vegetable for any of your meals. Scott and I both have the Nutrisystem apps on our phones where we are able to keep track of all this as well. And yes, just like they say in the ads, I do have chocolate every single day!  Their desserts are amazing!

1 comment:

  1. Great job!! You should send a copy of this to Nutri-System. Seriously!

    ReplyDelete