Did you know that if you trim off old green onions to their white root and put them in water, they grow new green onions? Yeah, me neither. If you did, then you just beat me in green onion trivia. I just saw this recently and by golly, we had green onions in our fridge so I trimmed them down cause they were getting a bit old and threw them in a jar and thought I would give it a shot. I gave it a nice window sill to look into for some sunlight and away we went.
.JPG) |
| Where the white cuts off to the green is where I originally trimmed them. |
I was a bit skeptical for the first couple of days, but look where we are at a week into it! Green onions! Sprouting like they never have before! You essentially don't have to buy green onions ever again. We rarely eat them, but hey, its just a fun experiment! I'm just gonna keep letting them grow to see what happens. I will draw the line if they start taking over the world.
.JPG) |
| After one week |
Interesting!
ReplyDelete