Sunday, March 25, 2012

Recipe: Skinny Chicken & Broccoli Alfredo

I have been looking for some healthier options for foods, hence getting lots of recipes with either "skinny" in the website title or "skinny" in the actual name of the food.  Skinny automatically means healthy, right?  I could say Skinny Greasy Cheeseburger and it would mean the same I think.  But actually, I do think these are healthier options than what I normally would have picked if my eyes and tastebuds had anything to say about it.

Here is one pasta dish that I thought I would give a shot and I would let plain yogurt redeem himself as part of the cheese topping.  If you remember one of my first posts was a garlic pasta something or other with a yogurt base that was just awful.  I wouldn't call this dish a yogurt base as it only requires 1/4 cup of plain yogurt.  Hardly anything that could overpower the dish.  Scott really wanted to get outside and grill too and this requires grilled chicken so we picked this for our Sunday evening meal.

It was really good!!  Scott really liked it as well.  The parmesan cheese and chicken gave it a nice salty bite up against the broccoli, pasta, and yogurt flavor.  I would definitely make this again.  Little man even had some the next day for his lunch and ate every bite!  Everyone wins!

Recipe can be found here at Celebrations.com

No comments:

Post a Comment