Sunday, March 4, 2012

Recipe: Chicken and Broccoli Noodle Casserole

Those of you who know me well, know that I would rather clean twenty toilets before I wash one dish. I'm not sure where this hatred of dish washing comes from, but it's there and it's alive.  This hatred had to be put aside as soon as we had Nolan who used what seemed like 20 bottles a day at the beginning.  I got used to washing these bottles twice a day and now once a day since he doesn't use that many.  So, if we were to make a meal, a few extra dishes weren't that big of a deal at the end of the day.

Yes, the hatred had subsided, until this dish. I started making it and I was like I'm pretty sure I'm using every dish and kitchen tool we own. Our sink was filling up to the point we needed to wash dishes in the middle of making the food.  Stressful.

Was the dish worth it?  Eh. It was a pretty good, pretty average casserole.  It's at least on the healthier side so we had that going for us.  It makes a lot so it would be good for a family dinner or lots of leftovers.  Would I make it again?  Probably not.  Not that it wasn't good, it's that I don't want to deal with all the dishes. I pinned this recipe on Pinterest so I could store it and within half an hour of pinning it, almost 30 people had repinned it, so it definitely looked good to a lot of people! If you guys decide to try it, let me know how you like it and if you found a way to not clear your cupboards!

Recipe can be found here at Skinny Taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment