When we got back, I had already gotten the ingredients for this Spinach and Sun-Dried Tomato Stuffed Pizza, so I thought it would be perfect to make without us having to go to the store again. What it doesn't say in the title is that it is also made of tofu. I have had tofu, but had never made it so I was excited to try it. Scott was less than thrilled at the idea, but he had never had it before. Being that I am making his supper for him, he might as well try it, right?? My non-meat eating days lasted about two days and I was ok with eating it again. But why not experiment with some vegetarian dishes?
This recipe was very fun to make and had a lot going on with it. The tofu was interesting to deal with, but easy enough. We both took a bite and were like- holy crap this is so good!! Tofu doesn't have much flavor to it but combined with the salty cheeses and the sun-dried tomatoes made it taste delicious. Serve with your favorite marinara sauce and you got yourself a meal! Scott not only liked the tofu stuffed pizza, he TWEETED about it! Now that's a huge deal in itself! I was so happy he liked it and I was able to have it for leftovers the next day for lunch. I will definitely be making this again and will be looking for other tofu dishes in the future!
The recipe can be found here at EatingWell.com
No comments:
Post a Comment