Wednesday, July 11, 2012

4th of July Week

Usually you say 4th of July Weekend, but it was such an odd placement this year, it really just messed everything up.  Not really, but it was quite confusing when I thought all day last Wednesday was a Saturday.  Not too shabby getting two Saturdays in a week, though!


We had a fun couple of days surrounding the 4th of July.  On the July 2nd, I got to attend my 2nd Freedom Fest with my company.  It is full of good food, games, drinks, and beautiful fireworks.  The last time we were there was 5 years ago and there was over 2,000 people there and it was considered the third largest fireworks show in Nebraska.  It was pretty amazing for a 150 people company.  Since the economy took a toll, it has slowed down a bit, but it seemed like the same party to me, but with about 1/5 of the people since there were restrictions on how many people you could bring.  We took Nolan for the first hour so that I could show him to people, then I sent Scott back to my mom's to drop him off and he came back and we enjoyed the rest of the evening just the two of us.  It was pretty fun and the show was spectacular.  Probably the best show that I've seen since the last one.  Very fun night!

Tuesday, I had my Annual Meeting at work that I mentioned briefly in this post, while Scott and Nolan had a fun day together where they went to the restaurant HF Crave.   Scott said it was the best burger he has had in his life and that he wanted to imitate it for our grill-out on the 4th.  HF Crave was rated Best Burger in Lincoln 2012 and they also use only grass fed cows that are hormone and steroid free, which makes it even better!  I would definitely like to go sometime with them.

And Wednesday on the 4th, Scott, Nolan, and I met my best friend McKenzie and her family at Seward Days and had a great time for a few hours.  There were quite a bit of people that we knew there so it was fun to see people we hadn't seen in awhile.  We had lunch, walked around to look at all of the crafts, and were able to see a tiny bit of the Air Show that was going on outside the Seward.  We came home with some jalepeno beef jerky and Italian Fusion dressing.  There was a metal pig I had my eye on but at $35, it just didn't seem like a reasonable purchase.

Wednesday night, we went over to our good friends Kyle and Melissa's house and had a grill out with their family and friends.  The girls (3/5 of whom were pregnant. No, not me- I promise.) spent time with the little ones in the cool inside chatting about woman things and all the guys sat on the deck  grilling, drinking, and of course chatting about whatever guys talk about.  Scott made the burger like the one he had at Crave which consisted of meat with cream cheese in the middle.  It was SOOO good.  Definitely will be trying that again.

We had a great time last week!  I got a few recipes I need to share as well as my take on the most recent movie we have watched, so be looking for those to come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment