Sunday, November 27, 2011

Recipe: Properly Prepared Spaghetti Squash

Man, don't you wish you could just eat pasta every single day for every meal? Ugh so good.  Too bad it isn't that great for you otherwise, that is for sure what would be happening in this here household. For sure.  I was trying to think of some healthier alternatives for these tasty pasta dishes and I immediately thought of spaghetti squash.

The first time I made spaghetti squash was back in our first apartment in Omaha after being sent home with some from my grandparent's garden.  My dad told me to put some brown sugar on it, pop it in the oven and we had ourselves a sweet treat.  Very good! I hadn't thought much about this spaghetti squash until recently and decided to bring it back into our life. It's ridiculously easy to make, fairly cheap, versatile, and an extremely low calorie option.  A cup of cooked spaghetti squash according to livestrong.com, is 41 calories. FORTY-ONE CALORIES. And it fills you up almost like pasta does.

 I decided to do a search and came across this number and decided to try her out for myself.  And it was delicious.  It's basically death by garlic meets spaghetti squash.  It allowed about three days worth of leftovers which was awesome for us and it actually tasted better as the days went on.  Totally worth trying this dish. Your waistline will thank you. 

Recipe courtesy of www.food.com

1 comment: