I have been inhabiting Pinterest for a little while now and have come across some amazing recipes that I hope to make in the near future. One of these recipes, artichoke bread, was the first victim. When I saw it I thought it would be perfect to bring to Thanksgiving this year as an appetizer while the rest of the food is cooking. I guess on Thanksgiving everything is sort of considered an appetizer. GRAZERS.
Now, I could tell you everything went right with this dish. It came out perfect and the whole thing tasted amazing. But, then I would be lying to you. When making a recipe, make sure you follow the instructions. Make sure when they say to put foil on top of it and not below it to be sure the pan doesn't get dirty, you just do it. There were about 50 things in the oven going at the same time so when we opened it and a little smoke came out, it wasn't the bread of course, right? Just close it and let it cook a little more. Well a couple min later we decided to take it out and my brother-in-law, Rob, tilted the beautiful looking bread on top to show a complete black smoky underside. I thought the whole thing was ruined. Just RUEEENED. Then, my beaver like instincts kicked in. Why don't we just gnaw the good part off the top? And it was delicious. The two people brave enough to try it besides me said it was "Really good, all things considered." I thought it was great to be honest and wish more people would have tried it. Apparently having to gnaw on your food isn't attractive or something. Look at the picture though, it looks amazing!
I would definitely make this again and do exactly what it says to next time. The combination of the different cheeses with juiciness of the artichoke make the top of it very very good. Its like artichoke dip already on the bread-what could be better?
Recipe courtesy of www.closetcooking.com

No comments:
Post a Comment