Wednesday, October 3, 2012
Mini Spinach and Feta Frittatas
Remember those Egg Muffins I made a little while back? Well, I was flipping through the People mags that my sisters and I share and found a recipe for Mini Spinach and Feta Frittatas. They looked exactly what I had made but had some different ingredients, including feta cheese. Which, I could eat by the box. I would have to say that I preferred these a little bit more since there was cheese in them, but I honestly think the first Egg Muffins that I made are a close second since they still had a lot of flavor. Now this recipe also had Tomato Basil Frittatas and since that sounded gross, I just doubled everything of the feta and spinach ones to make 12 of those. I will include both recipes though if you want to try both of them.
Recipe:
Spinach and Feta Frittatas
6 tsp feta cheese
1/3 cup of shredded fresh spinach
3 tsp chopped sun-dried tomatoes >>>>> I just doubled this part to make 12 of these
-----------------------------------------
Tomato Basil Frittatas
12 basil leaves
1 1/2 large fresh tomatoes, seeded and chopped
1 1/2 tsp. grated Parmesan cheese
12 eggs, beaten
Salt and pepper
1. Preheat ove to 350 degrees. Spray a 12-cup muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray. Divide feta cheese, spinach and sun-dried tomatoes equally among 6 tins. Divide basil, fresh tomatoes and Parmesan cheese equally in the other 6 tins. (Again, I only made the first type of frittata so I divided all 12 tins with those ingredients)
2. Pour the eggs equally among the tins. Season each one with salt and pepper and mix well.
3. Bake for 15 to 17 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes, then remove from tins.
Labels:
Recipes
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

These look good! We tried and loved the first egg muffins you shared, so now I am anxious to try these since you liked these better!
ReplyDelete