We had quite the eventful and fun filled Father's Day Weekend around these parts. Friday night, we decided we were in need of a bit of a date night. In other words, Scott got two free tickets to see Loni Love at the Funny Bone, so yeah, let's just make a date night out of it! We asked Lori if she would come up and watch Nolan and she so graciously did.
We began the night at Kona Grill. We ordered some drinks and started with Ahi Wonton Crisps (first pic) which were basically seared ahi tuna with some wasabi and and aioli drizzled on top. They were a bit spicy, but not too spicy. I definitely ate my three that were there- so good. We also got some of our favorite sushi rolls. For me, I had to get the Las Vegas Roll. (Bottom right of 2nd pic) Amazing! It is made of fresh salmon, crab, cream cheese, deep fried in tempura batter and covered in eel sauce. So, so good. The other rolls are ones that we get at the other sushi places, such as the Philadelphia Roll and Spicy Tuna. Great food and lots of fun.
We walked around Village Pointe for a bit and waited for the show to start as the show didn't start until 9:45 PM. Loni Love is now the 2nd comedian we have seen from Chelsea Lately. Her show was pretty good, but definitely not the best we have ever seen. Probably wouldn't see her again, but hey, the tickets were free!
Saturday, we lounged around, but that evening went over to our good friend Kyle and Melissa's and hung out for the evening. Another "couple with a baby" friends were there too so we had a good time chatting, watching the three kids play together, and having some pizza. Good times to catch up with good friends.
Sunday, I let Scott sleep in an extra 45 min or so (I'm generous like that) so I could get Nolan his breakfast and make Scott his breakfast in bed. He loves egg sandwiches so I thought I would step it up a notch and put some bacon on it. Bacon goes good on just about everything. Just not ice cream.
I also got a chance to get the rest of his present together. I got him a bunch of Omaha Steaks for the first part of it and a bucket of his favorite things for the second part. This bucket included Sour Patch Kids, Sweettarts, Budweiser Beer, beef jerky, and of course a collage poster of pictures of Nolan. Nolan and I did a special photo shoot of pictures with him holding up signs of "I", "Love", and "You". It was a sweaty photo shoot for the both of us as he is not one who likes to sit still in one place. But, we got the photos I needed. Scott got to do what he wanted to the rest of the day which consisted of watching the U.S. Open and grilling us dinner.
Needless to say, we had a great weekend and he was very surprised by the goodies. We are not the type to get each other anything for anything so it is fun when we can surprise each other once in a while just to show that we care and want the other person to feel special. Hope everyone had a wonderful Father's Day!
Sounds fun!!
ReplyDelete