The video above is the original version of the song sung by Janelle Monae from her new album. Click here if you would like to hear Glee's version. I have listened to this song over 100 times since last Tuesday. I wish I was joking.
For me, I would say it applies up until I graduated college. It was before my job consumed my 8:00-5:00. It was when I had classes and could take naps in the middle of the day. Not to mention the craziness of living with 60 girls along with the 40 others that lived outside the house. I also got married a week after college graduation so that added on another level of responsibility to not only me, but to another human being. Since having Nolan, that has stepped up even further. He is the center of our lives and if that means we are in bed at 9:00 PM (knowing he will be up at 6:00 AM regardless) just to get a good solid night of sleep, so be it. Some things are just worth "growing up" for.
Great comments that make you think. I suppose we don't have to ever really grow up which may be translated to we never have to ever "quit having fun." But you are right our priorities change and other things become more important than having partying "being our fun." Fun NOW is growing relationships with friends and family and taking care of those we love.
ReplyDelete